Saturday, March 29, 2008

Napabale lake ( south east sulawesi)

Napabale Lake in Muna Island is a beautiful virgin lake. The first time I saw it, I thought it was an awesome lake, the best lake I’ve ever seen. It defeats Lake Toba from the top position on my list. Lake Muna is rather tiny compared to Lake Toba. But the water surface of this lake is very beautiful. It reflects light blue color, as those you can see in virgin beaches. Why? Because it is quite shallow (10 m) and actually it is connected to the beach. But the water is not salty. Hm, I was kind of confused with that explanation at first.

A kind host rent a fisherman ship (dimension 50 cm x 5 m) for me and my friend. Hehe, it was a narrow ship, don’t you think? Yeah, we need to keep our balance when sitting on it. The fisherman took us sailing around the lake until one time I thought he was mad and going to crash us to a wall covering the lake. When we’re going closer to the wall, I can’t keep myself from smiling and laughing for joy. There was a tunnel under that wall which connects the lake to the beach. But it was very small. I was so amazed when he started rowing slowly and took us through that tunnel. Ooops, we have to get our head down if we didn’t want to hit the wall. When we’re under the wall, I can touch the wall above my head. That was so cool!! The length of the tunnel is about 20 to 30 m. So, it was quite a stress for my neck. Hehehe…. The view across on the other side of the wall was awesome too. But the fisherman told us that we can’t spend too much time there, because we have to get back soon. If the sea level rose up, the tunnel is gone; water (from the sea) would cover it. And we wouldn’t be able to pass that tunnel. Isn’t it cool? Yeah okay, I know I mentioned “cool” too much. Hehe… Oh yeah, the view at full moon night is also worth waiting for. The reflection of the moon on the water is a perfect accessories for a romantic candle light dinner. :)

1 comments:

artis bulle profil said...

artikelnya bagus... publikasikan aja keluar...